Saturday, October 18, 2014

Be True to Your School

Devin and Jason McCourty, twins who play in the NFL and played at Rutgers, are predicting that their alma mater's Scarlet Knights will upset thirteenth ranked Ohio State in their game today. My Buckeyes have definite issues and play a weak schedule, but, as good as I think the Knights are, I don't see a Buckeye loss. But I loved reading about their enthusiasm for their school.

Sometimes though, team loyalty can fog our vision.

Just this past week, one-time Ohio State QB Stanley Jackson, who does a great job as a Big Ten Network football analyst, put the Buckeyes at #4 nationally. That spot, if it came to be, would put Ohio State in the national championship playoffs at the end of the season. I suppose the Buckeyes could get to number four. But I definitely find it hard to rank them that high right now.

The big challenge for the Buckeyes right now is to continue to take care of business every week and not be lulled into complacency from looking ahead to their November 8 game with Michigan State. Michigan State is still the best team in the Big Ten, however disturbing the Spartans' penchant for making games they should be winning handily interesting in the fourth quarter.

But I'm true to my school.



No comments: